||Division of Agricultural
||Work Field (Program Code)
||Development Plan of The Water Temple Sobobanyu, A Mountaineering Irrigation System
||The Covered Program
||The all development will be focused in hillside of Mt. Sindoro Sumbing farming, Sub District Kledung, District Temanggung, Central of Java, which covers 13 villages which 8 Sobobanyu as completely and 5 Sobobanyu just watering management (incomplete):
- Phase 1. Sobobanyu Development in Kledung Village as a project project.
- Phase 2. Sobobanyu Development for 3 Sobobanyu, villages no 2-5.
- Phase 3. Sobobanyu Development for 4 Sobobanyu, villages no 6-10.
- Phase 4. Sobobanyu Development for 3 Sobobanyu, villages no 11-13.
Kledung is a name of village and sub district.
The villages in Sub District Kledung:
|1. Village Batursari
||8. Village Kruwisan
|2. Village Canggal
||9. Village Kwadungan Jurang
|3. Village Jambu
||10. Village Paponan
|4. Village Jeketro
||11. Village Petarangan
|5. Village Kalirejo
||12. Village Tlahap
|6. Village Kledung**
||13. Village Tuksari
|7. Village Kwadungan Gunung
||Some approaches can be used which:
- Building core team from some places. The role of core team is designing a prototype of mountain irrigation system and successful the pilot project.
- Pilot project will be cloned to others place of hillside, plateau and mountain. The places are very dry in dry season will get first priority.
- Village Kledung and Sub District Kledung as pilot project.
- Approaching through local culture and art.
- Embung (in local language is small reservoir) built it should be celebrated of life, local community should really really understand the fungtion and sustainability of embung. Transfer knowledge and how to use as a local venue of art and culture must be smooth.
- Engagement of government after the core team.
- Engagement of contractor partner in feasibility and implementing.
||Here have the guidance for Sobobanyu Team are:
- Building mixed core team; local people and volunteer.
- Core team will design pilot project.
- Pilot project will cloned to all remain villages in sub district.
- Celebrating with art festival (province or national scale depend on condition and needs).
||Sobobanyu that built is not only a pond, we use architectural design:
- As physically is the water temples
- Why water temple? Water temple is, as one of the sustainable development effort where the water gets the most holy place in the temple. Expected the respect to water as a celebration of life in other words will be happened sense to belong Sobobanyu and long-term maintenance process and can be done from generation to generation
- Also built public facilities in around temple and others supporting
||It will be an integrated irrigation system and related information are:
- Its mini reservoir will be developed in the highland of mountain, above from farming land
- The mini reservoir as a central of water, it’s function as storage for the water from rain combined with ground, the water will go down by gravity to land below
- In every field must have a secondary pond (smallest)
- The recharge wells will be built in several place
- The all field will be connected and unite as one integrated management watering until housing
||Source of Water
||We cannot continue to rely with groundwater, therefore rain water will be maximized:
- The rainwater as primary
- Ground water as additional, its role to accelerate the filling mini reservoir and a water saving at dry season
||Capacity of Mini Reservoir
||The mini reservoir will be built physically at least about 1 ha with a depth of 3-4 meter:
- Depend on location each village and the fixed number unpublished.
- As ideally 5x of normal consumption of water agricultural to anticipate dry season).
||Availability of Land
||Because the ownership of the villagers only about 0.2 hectares per family while at least needed 3-4 ha total area if want to build 1 ha mini reservoir:
- Option 1: Government’s forest land with forest extension as replacement via reforestation and forest management around the neighborhood.
- Option 2: Farmer land with fair selling system.
- Option 3: Village’s land with partnership system.
||Duration of Program
||The duration of program depends on very much with involvement of outsiders in the YPG programs, because considering YPG does not accept pure donations:
- Forecasting within 3 year for 13 Sobobanyu development. The schedule depend on selling of book. See time schedule of project Plans & Realization.
- Forecasting need 6 month for pilot project and all preparation needed. after that will do simultaneously per phase.
- Forecasting need 6-8 months per phase.
- The remain will to reinforce Sobobanyu and preparation for The First International Art Festival and Grand Launching Sobobanyu and others.
||Source of Fund
||All struggle through the Fundraising program is none other than the indirect purchase of the book:
||Combined self-help and the machine so that the work is not too long:
- Field work will involve local people by supervised and coordinated of partner.
- Local partner from nearest university such Magelang and around as priority.
- Independent engineering experts who have advanced qualifications will be involved together.
||This figure of our internal only:
- 30% of fund in Div. Agricultural
||The funds needed already included the development of public facilities:
- As total 20 – 30 Billion IDR to capture 13 Sobobanyu in Sub District Kledung ((assumed: 2-3 Billion IDR per one Sobobanyu).
||This RPCAS invited all stakeholder, domestic and foreign:
- 15% of local people from micro finance to save water (Dana Celengi Banyu/DCB).
- 55% of Public, which corporate and community involved.
- 20% of Government